She was relentless in finding ways to be with the children who needed her. She got local churches involved and weathered storms. She used her own house to give room and board to several youngsters mixed with her own children until the number of children and needed space outgrew the circumstances. A kind neighbor donated a “fixer-upper” house on the outskirts of Austin where, with a lot of help from others, Hope House lived for 8 years.
Today, we have 4 homes in Liberty Hill, Texas, all filled with children, including those who Rose cared for back then. They are now Senior citizens who continue to receive the care and love Rose gave them.
That Old 1968 Red VW!
More Of Our History
Today 16 children live in the original home and 21 Senior adults and teenagers live in two duplex style homes and one single family style home within the city limits of Liberty Hill, Texas. Most of the adults with us today were Rose’s children in 1967!
Rose instilled in all of us God’s love for children who need it the most. Rose worked every day until her very last on Jan. 1, 2003. On this day she asked the workers to take care of “her kids” and left the facility in the capable hands of her devoted staff under the direction of Ginger Hernandez, an assistant that trained with Rose for over 10 years. Ginger retired as director in early 2008 and the homes are now efficiently operated by our Executive Director, David Gould and a board of directors.
By the grace of God, Hope House has operated for over 50 years. With the help of our supporters, we will continue to care for the most severe cases of mental and physical disabilities well into the future.
- A loving atmosphere with personal, individualized care for all ages
- Long term staff who are fully trained for special needs and disabilities
- Heart-warming, home-like environment featuring a cheerful, sunny setting
- Clean facilities in each home
- Indoor and outdoor playscapes
- Therapy room with qualified therapists
- Full-time nurse on duty. Healthy, well-balanced meals, and snacks
- Special education curriculum available at the local public school
- Excellent medical care just minutes away
- Numerous opportunities for outings, travel, games, fun activities and stimulating experiences, with access to many community recreational facilities